Yup, that’s the million dollar question.
I can’t believe that I’m 12 days away from the biggest event on any rookie traveler’s calendar: the first trip abroad.
My progress report? I booked a room in Bangkok (the one near Khao San Road). I can finally cross out that item on my checklist for good. And now that I’m on the final stretch, the long road to packing and other travel essentials begins here.
- rubber shoes / waterproof sandals
- luggage lock
- camera screen protector
- notebook screen protector
- 16/32 gb memory card
- camera case
- spare camera battery
- Ziploc bags
- first aid must-haves
- duct tape
- visit the dentist
- get a haircut
- have my 2X2 ID picture taken
- scan travel documents/passport
- print travel documents/passport
- send a gentle reminder to the B&Bs
- exchange peso to USD and THB
- charge gadgets before flight
I have this feeling that the more-important-things-I-missed list is hiding somewhere–preparing for it’s last-minute grand entrance.
It’s funny how I can almost hear the chorus: <insert “My goodness, how can you forget ___ and ____?” here>